*Diet at your own risk. For informational purposes only*
Gut Inflammation is Correlated Strongly with Depression
Some studies here
Cut out Pro-inflammatory Foods
- Cut out sugar & refined cards
- Consider cutting out diary and gluten. These can cause inflammation in some
Consume Anti-Inflammatory & Nutrient-Dense Foods
- Supplement with a probiotic or eat fermented foods and drinks
- Turmeric is one of the strongest anti-inflammatories. I supplement with Meriva Turmeric. Black pepper increased ‘uptake’ of standard turmeric
- Eat nutrient dense foods like broccoli, spinach and kale
Supplements to Consider for Depression & Anxiety
- Consider a magnesium supplement. I’ve found this very effective as a muscle relaxant – I normally get terrible headaches from a stiff neck and back
- Supplement with fish oil and vitamin D3 in the winter
- I also drink 10g of glutamine first thing in the morning as this supposedly helps heal and protect the gut lining.
- I drink diluted apple cider vinegar about 15 minutes before main meals to help digestion
- NAC powder is also effective for some in reducing gut inflammation
Stop Eating Rubbish.
You must educate yourself in order to do this. Listen to nutrition podcasts and videos like Dr Rhona Patricks. People telling you, or telling yourself to stop eating rubbish rarely works, you need the information to make a conscious choice.
Stay away from pre-packaged, processed foods with additives.
Consider Giving up Dairy
This literally changed my life.
Research this but do it at your own risk.
Make sure you consume enough high quality vegetables to obtain calcium via non-dairy sources.