This dish is perfect for a week night when you’re rushing around after work trying to get stuff done.
Cooking time: 20 mins.
1 red onion (diced)
3 cloves of garlic
75g green lentils
1 tin chopped tomatoes
100g button/chestnut mushrooms (chopped up small)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Fresh coriander (handful)
Salt & black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add 400 ml of water to a pan and bring to the boil, add green lentils (rinse first) and cook until soft (15 mins usually- follow instructions on the packet)
2. Add your oil to the pan on a medium heat then add your chopped onion.
3. Cook for a few minutes then add garlic grate carrot into the pan.
4. Finely chop your mushroom and after a few more minutes add to the pan. Add a pinch of salt at this point for seasoning and to help release juices.
5. Add soy sauce and maple syrup and stir in for 1 minute
6. Add in the cooked lentils and the tin of tomatoes and simmer for 10 mins
7. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add your spaghetti, while the spaghetti is cooking finely chop a handful of coriander and add to your sauce. Lovely
Top tip: if your sauce is looking a bit too thick, use a little bit of the spaghetti water to loosen it up a bit.
8. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce and stir until the sauce and pasta have formed and unbreakable bond in the pan. Serve and enjoy!