Don’t procrastinate – grab a notepad now or open a Google Doc and take some notes
Get a Specific Plan
- Write down 2 reasons Why? you want to get into shape. Be as specific as possible – to have more energy to play with my children and be less grumpy for example.
- Set Outcome Goals – e.g. Lose 2 inches of my waist by Feb 28th
- Set Process Goals – e.g. Cut out all sugar or Exercise for 30 minutes, 5 times a week.
Outcome goals are the result – process goals are how you will achieve the result.
- Anticipate Hurdles and Obstacles – these might be people offering you sugary food, wanting to eat in front of the TV in the evening. Write down the obstacles that you are likely to face and write down solutions. For example, ask everyone in work to be supportive is possible please…and tell them why you want to lose weight
- Be Accountable. Unless someone holds a gun to your head and makes you eat unhealthy foods then you need to own your diet and lifestyle
- Have a specific diet and exercise protocol
- You don’t need to go to a gym to exercise. Try accumulating steps or exercise during the day
- Use tabata intervals
- Strength training helps maintain muscle mass whilst dieting. Even if you just do 20 minutes per week it can make a huge difference
Here is a Google Sheet to get your plan startes:
Remember it takes about 10,000 hours of practise to become world class at something but 5 to 10 hours to become intermediate level. So, in just a few weeks of training you could easily be proficient at, for example, running or circuit training