How I got very average at Jiu Jitsu
I’ll get some more videos uploaded soon…
– Learn 2 good mount escapes
– Hip-Hop and bridge
– Learn 2 good side control escapes
-Bridge and bring your knee and elbow in
– Bridge and turn to your knees
– Butterfly guard Bottom
– Head snap and sit out
– Chest to chest sweep
– Sit out –
– Guillotine (Garcia)
Be active with your legs in guard, break the guy’s posture as often as possible by bringing your knees to your head etc.
– Don’t pull guard, go to your knees.
And learn how to finish from the bottom position:
Learn the sit through:
There is also a great technique to counter a sprawl with a headlock or double underhooks by:
– basing out on your left foot
– Reaching your left hand around the guy’s back
– Pivot to face the same way as the opponent
– Drop your left knee to the floor
Please Note that if you use this all the time (like I do) you’ll never develop a good guard.
It’s effective for short & powerful people, but you definitely want to learn to ‘play guard’ and fight from your back too.
Dean Lister Guard Pass:
Defend any arm chokes by “answering the phone”.
If your right arm is trapped, place your right hand on your right ear, and push on your right elbow with your left hand
Learn Kesa Gatame / Scarf Hold
This is confusing for BJJ guys – as are this fella’s nipples