Preparation Time – 20 mins
- 1x Red Onion
- 1x Red Pepper
- 2x Garlic
- 2x tinned tomatoes
- 1x Kidney beans
- Handful Sweetcorn
- 1x tsp Cumin
- 1x tsp Chilli powder (or more if you’re hard)
- 1x tsp soy sauce
- 1x teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- 400g chestnut mushrooms
- Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onion and minced/very finely chopped mushrooms and cook for 5 mins or until shrooms have cooked and reduced in size.
- Add garlic, cumin, chilli powder and red pepper and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Bung in the tomatoes, give it a good stir and bring the heat down to a simmer. Then drop the kidney beans in there.
- Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and sweetcorn in. Leave to simmer until it thickens a little bit, probably around 20 mins.
- Take off the heat and add in some dark chocolate and nutritional yeast. Stir. Serve with your choice of rice.
- Put dark choc on ingredients (optional)
Written by Josh Page