This recipe gives you enough porridge for two big bowls. It’s quick and easy and the bananas give a beautiful sweetness which offsets the somewhat blandness of the oats.
Porridge oats (preferably whole meal) – 1 cup
Non-dairy milk of your choosing (oat works well)- 1 cup
Bananas (1 or 2 depending on how hungry you are)
Water – 1 cup
Prep time : 1 minute
Cook time: 15 minutes
Nutrition : (With one banana) 50g carbs 15g protein, 5g fat
1. Add porridge oats, milk and water to a pan and bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and leave it for 12-15 minutes or until it has the consistency you desire (I like mine more on the milky side)
2. Chop banana in half then cut each half length ways to create 4 pieces of banana per banana – banana!
3. Get a non- stick pan (vital that’s its non stick otherwise all he’ll will break loose and the bananas will be in edible) on a high heat then add the bananas to it (don’t use oil).
4. Drop the temperate of the pan right down and the the caramelisation begin! Usually within a few minutes you’ll have a nice browning on ones side so just flip the banana over and let the same thing happen on the other side.
5. When your porridge is cooked add to a bowl and let it cook for a few minutes.
6. Check your bananas are caramelised (they should be floppy and a little bit gooey) and add them to the top of the porridge in way that is pleasing to the eye.
7. Add a few blueberries (optional) and enjoy!