Daily Stretching Routine for Muay Thai
pdf can be downloaded near the bottom…
To build dynamic flexibility, you will need to stretch dynamically with ballistic stretches such as leg swings.
Note that the risk of injury is quite high when compared to static stretching.
To mitigate the risk of injury, make sure you get as warm as possible. Go for a run, have a hot bath, do whatever you need to do to raise your muscle temperature. Chewing ginger actually helps quite a bit!
Daily Stretching Routine Muay Thai
- Cossack Squats x 20
- Sumo Squats x 20
- Reverse Lunges x 10 each leg
- Leg swings – front to back x 10 each leg
- Leg swings – side to side x 10 each leg
- Side kicks x 10 each side
- Front kicks x 10 each side
- Head kick Roundhouse x 5 each side
- Dummy roundhouse into Front kick x 5 each side
Download the Routine by clicking the “Download” button:
Here’s an infographic about the SAID principle – Specific Adaptations to Imposed Demands.
This is important to keep in mind when designing a training programme for Muay Thai