To do this circuit, you’ll need a timer – the one below is 40 second intervals, with 10 second rest in between:
Partner 1 does the circuit first, completes all the exercises, before swapping.
- Arm drags – right arm, then left arm – repeat for full round/40 seconds
- Duck unders
- Mount escapes
- Side control escapes – to guard or to a takedown/reversal
- Single legs – start in collar tie and snatch the leg – don’t complete takedown, repeat on the other leg
- Russian arm snap-down*
- Collar tie counter
- Pummel – partner resists 50% for greco pummel. Active partner executes double unders, or pinch headlock every 5 seconds or so
- Over/under – start in over/under position. Active partner executes a wizzer throw, high underhook to kneetap** or other over/under technique.
- Guillotines from guard – active partner in guard, performs guillotine until partner taps. then repeat other side. continue for full round
- Standing guillotine defence – Active partner drills escapes to standing guillotine.
- Electric chair half guard sweep – do 4 sweeps one side, then swap sides.
- Sit throughs – from a “sprawled on” position, perform a sit through and take the back. Restart. (as this is the last exercise and takes ages to reset, aim for 6 reps).
*Russian Snap Down by Islam:
Collar tie counter example:
Arm drags^ (just take the back and then restart)
If you want to make this a fitness circuit as well as a technical one – add 10 squats, burpees and/or press ups in between rounds
Duck under image via – https://www.journeymangrappler.com/
FULL TRAINING PLAN
- 3 strikes for 3 – boxing or thai boxing, fighter 1 does a 3 punch combo, fighter 2 blocks, then IMMEDIATELY throws his own 3 strike combo. Back and forth for 1 minute x 2 rounds.
- On and off the wall – over/under position, fighter 1 resists 30% as fighter 2, who’s back is against the wall, reverses the position – go back and orthodox for 2 minutes
- Tabata timer on pads – do 1 combination, 100% effort for 20 seconds. Tabata timer is 20 second rounds x 8 with a 10 second rest between each round. You can use the same combination for all 8 rounds or mix it up.
- Grappling rechnique circuit – see above
Technique Exercises Using a Kettlebell or Dumbbells
This is a work in progress, will add new ones when I think of them or see new drills!
- Snatch single holding 1 bell – dummy grabbing partner’s left and right leg, drop level and reach out whilst holding a bell (kettle or dumb)
- Pummel with 2 bells – kinda looks like your doing really bad bicep curls
- Duck unders with 2 bells – lift your left elbow up, ‘pull down’ with right hand and duck under. Turn around and repeat. Switch sides after 10 reps. (possibly better to use a band with attachment point if u have one)
- Medicine ball Uchi Mata Slams
Also, wanna drill this —>
Medicine Ball Slams